We take your privacy seriously and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations this document lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give us.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – www.thehomecleaning.co
The Eaku Ltd and our Data Protection Officer
We are Eaku Ltd, Unit 45 Apex House, Caerphilly CF83 8DP. We are a data controller of your personal data.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we are not required to do so. However our Data Manager has reponsibility for compliance with data protection compliance within our organisation.. Contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section at the end of this privacy notice.
- Purpose of Processing
We hold information about all customers and individuals who enquire about our services. We use this data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you have requested about our service
- To manage the introduction to you of Domestic Cleaners and any other service we have agreed to provide to you
- To update your records, trace your whereabouts or recover debt
- For management and auditing of our business including accounting and bookeeping
- To share, as needed, with business partners and service providers as part of providing and administering our services or operating our business
- Legal Basis For Processing
We must have a legal basis for collecting this data, and there are six lawful bases:
The individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
The processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation:
The processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests:
The processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e) Public task:
The processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests:
The processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
We will be processing your data under the following bases:
Contract – where it is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract, such as responding to enquires about our service, and the administration and management of any service we provide to you.
Legitimate Interest – where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, such as such as: updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account for recovery of debts or other legitimate purposes.
Consent – where you have given us clear consent to process your data for a specific purpose, such as : sharing your contact details with suitable vetted Cleaners in order that they may make contact with you for the purpose of facilitating Cleaning Services, or to keep you informed about news, events, and promotional activities undertaken by our business
- Data Sharing
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Business partners (for example, suitable vetted cleaners) or others who are a part of providing your service or operating our business
- To a franchisor under the terms of a franchise agreement.
- IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions
- Transfer of Data Outside the UK or EEA
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area when shared with Data Processors. If we do so we’ll make sure that any Data Processor we use provides assurances that suitable safeguards are in place.
- Retention of Data
We will hold your personal information for as long as we have reasonable business needs to do so.
- Your Rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
Please note that some of these rights may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
- Withdrawing Consent
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
- Automated Decision Making
We do not use automated decision making processes.
- Your Obligation To Provide Personal Data
You are under no obligation to provide us with any personal data. However we are unable to provide you with our services if you do not provide certain information to us.
- Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact our Data Manager, you can contact us by going to our website www.thehomecleaning.co Alternatively, you can write to Eaku Ltd, Unit 45, Apex House, Caerphilly CF83 8DP marking it for the attention of the Data Manager.